Not everyone has the luxury of having a garden. And barbecuing on the balcony can bring some problems. One solution is to have a grill on a campsite or in a field. Nothing better than enjoying this experience with friends and family, right? Now what should you know about portable grills?
Best built-in grills on the market
Portable Grills: What are your Choices?
If you are planning to buy a new portable grill, you will be surprised to know that there are several different kinds of these grills. There are basically two types – one that you can use indoors and another that you can use outdoors. You can select a portable grill for various purposes depending on your needs. Here is a brief description of different kinds of these portable grills.
One of the most popular kinds of portable grill is one that you can use both indoors and outdoors. This kind of grill is an easy way to cook all kinds of food items. All you need to do is plug in the electric connection and then place the portable grill inside your kitchen or dining room and within a matter of minutes, you will be ready to grill all kinds of food items. The one great thing about this type of portable grill is that you can use it at any location since it is electrically operated.
Another kind of portable grill is called the propane grill. These portable grills are usually used by those who love barbecuing, camping and other outdoor activities. The portable propane grill uses natural gas or propane to function. In fact, you can even use the gasoline fuel source to operate this kind of grill.
Some people prefer to purchase a grill that uses charcoal. This is because they find it easier to get the charcoals ready. However, portable charcoal grills can also be used outdoors and they offer the same kind of enjoyment that you would get from using a propane grill. The only difference is that with the charcoal grill, you need lighter fluid to light the coals.
The last kind of portable grill is the one that functions via electricity. These portable grills are called charcoal grills. They are made to work using electricity. If you like to have a portable grill that you can use either indoors or outdoors, this is definitely one of your choices.
There are plenty more kinds of portable grill. To name a few, you can choose between gas-powered and electric-powered ones. You can choose from the ones that use charcoal or others that use gas as their fuel. There are also those that are considered to be more convenient than having a permanent barbecue. And if you are looking for one that you can use both indoors and outdoors, you might want to check out the portable propane grill. With all the different options that you have to choose from, it should not be hard to make up your mind on which portable grill is best suited for you.
What is a portable grill?
With technological advancement, we can find portable grills of almost all types, clearly excepting the construction ones. Different types will have different advantages and disadvantages. How you like your food and how much you want to dedicate to the assembly of your grill will determine which model is best for you.
- Charcoal: Charcoal are the most common portable grills. They are very simple to assemble and disassemble, as well as being quite practical when cooking. Perhaps its biggest downside is that you have to watch that you have the necessary amount of coal and wait a long time for it to light.
- Firewood: The second widely available option when it comes to portable grills is firewood. There are some mixed models that also accept charcoal, and they are not much more expensive. Firewood has quite an advantage, as it is easy to get at a good price. Also, since there are so many types on the market, it allows you to try different flavor combinations.
- Gas: There are some models of small portable gas grills for those who do not want to have to fight with firewood or charcoal. However, they have a big drawback: they require a butane cylinder to work, which means you’ll have to carry the tank with you if you travel with your grill.
- Electric: Perhaps these are the most practical of portable grills, since there are very small models, perfect for making a small meal with family members. However, they require a power source to function, which can be a major setback.
What are the advantages of portable grills?
Are you wondering what the advantages of buying a portable grill are going to be? Without a doubt, it will be very beneficial, especially if you like to travel, since:
- You can take it anywhere: Wherever you go, you can take your grill with you. They are very simple assembly models, so it is not difficult to disassemble it after using it. Some models are large, in which case it is better to only partially disassemble it.
- Wheels or fixed: Another great advantage is that these grill models give you the option to choose whether you want a grill with wheels or with fixed legs. The wheels are better because it helps you to move the grill easily. However, these have to be of a good material and if the terrain is not flat, you may have some problems moving it. In the case of uneven terrain, grills with fixed legs, especially ones that end in rubber feet, will probably work best..
- In the open air you cook in a healthier way: One of the big problems with grills is the smoke. Depending on the type of heat source you are using, it can be more or less harmful to your health. On the other hand, cooking in a very open space, the smoke can diffuse more quickly, making the air immediately around you cleaner overall.
- You can enjoy different types of spaces: Although it may be fun for neighbors to always come to your garden, isn’t it a bit monotonous to always have the same meeting place? Since portable grills are designed to take them wherever you want, you can have grills in other houses, in the fields, or in the mountains.
- Perfect security measures: In order to avoid possible fires, modern portable grills are designed with security measures to prevent sparks or embers from coming out of the bottom of it. In addition, they are also prepared to be safe for the user.
- Cheaper?: In some cases a portable grill is much cheaper than a garden grill. Especially since these are usually smaller, so that the task of moving it is more comfortable. It’s a valuable investment, especially if you really like to go on trips.
- They do not take up much space: Once you have finished using and cleaning it, you can disassemble it. You do not have to worry about it taking up too much space. It’ll fit nicely in its box, and you can even keep it in the trunk of your car until next time you need it.
- They can also be used in the kitchen: Some grill models are so small that they can make a great addition to your kitchen appliances without much trouble.
Better than garden grills?
Certainly, portable grills have many advantages, but are they better than garden grills? In essence they are the same, but with the advantage that they allow you to change location whenever you feel like it.
They are generally very simple models, and since they are so small, you cannot cook for as many people as with garden models. Still, cooking in batches allows you to enjoy the experience more while talking to friends or family.
In addition, since almost all grill models are available in a portable design, it allows you to experiment with which type you prefer for meat, fish, or vegetables. And if you already have a garden one, why not buy one for when you go on a trip? Enjoy the experience on the go!